Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sam has a Gambling Problem

“Dave, you cannot possibly eat all that pasta.”

“How much you want to bet I can?”

Dave wins 1 beer.

“If you can get a girl to kiss you at the party on Tuesday, I’ll buy you three beers.”

3 beers at stake.

“Okay, so what if it’s that girl, Amanda?”

“If you get her to kiss you, at ANY point in the semester, I’ll buy you 10 beers.”

13 beers (total) at stake.

“Think I can score seventy points in the game, Sam?”

“Not a chance.” (This was while playing Madden NFL 2007. 2 minutes left in the game, I had the ball, and 64 points, on my own 30.)

“I’ll bet you a beer I CAN.”

“You’re on.”

2 Hail-Mary’s later… 1 beer for Dave.

“I need to stop making bets with you.”

“I’ll bet you a beer I can get you betting again by the end of the night.”

“Piss off, Dave.”

No comments: